Refunds and Exchanges Policy
Last updated: 20 December 2023
This Site https://www.rakwireless.com herein (the “Site”), is operated by RAKwireless Technology Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”).
This RAKwireless Refunds and Exchanges Policy (the “Policy”) applies if you (“you”, “your”) make a purchase of a product available on the Website (the “Product”). This Policy forms an integral part of the Terms and Conditions.
We are RAKwireless Technology Limited
Room 1002 10/F, Easey Commercial Building 253-261 Hennessy RD Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Company registration number: 2565392
Please use the following web form to contact us with your inquiries.
Subject to and in accordance with the terms of this policy, you may have your purchased Product returned and refunded.
Within 30 days of the Product purchase (the "Term"), you may have it returned and refunded subject to all of the following conditions:
- The Product is new, unopened, and was not used.
- The Product is in its original condition, has all applicable tags and seals intact, and has its original packaging.
- A return authorization must be requested from our customer service team. To request a return authorization, please contact us through the following contact form. We require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- You must return the Product to us in accordance with our instructions. Returned Product(s) must be in good physical condition (not physically broken or damaged). All accessories originally included with your purchase must be included with your return.
- The return authorization number must be included along with your returned Product.
Hardware compatible with Helium network, Gift cards, if any, and discounted (sale) items are non-returnable and non-refundable.
Shipping and handling charges, gift wrap fees, and taxes paid (such as state, customs, or VAT) are not refundable.
If you return the Product to us (a) without our return authorisation or (b) without all parts and accessories originally included with your purchase or (c) physically broken or damaged or (d) after the Term, we retain the right to either refuse acceptance of such return or charge you a restocking fee of 15% of the original price of the Product(s) or the retail value of the missing parts and accessories, whichever is higher.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, usually within 5-10 business days, depending on your bank's operations.
If you haven’t received a refund yet:
- First, check your bank account again.
- Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us through the following contact form and add your RMA number as a subject in the title.
Subject to the terms of this policy, including Section 5, for 1 year beginning with the Product delivery date, if the Product is defective (because of our fault), we will, upon your reasonable request and choice, repair, replace, or refund the Product (the “Limited Product Warranty”). If you wish to apply for the Limited Product Warranty, please contact us through the following contact form with proof of purchase and the reason for the exchange request.
Once your return or exchange has been authorized by our support team, you can return the Product to us according to the shipment instructions provided to you in writing by our support team.
Please note that:
-  You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item (unless the Product is returned pursuant to Section 3) and you assume the risk or loss or damage to the returned Product(s) while in transit back to us.
-  Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, unless already paid by you, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
-  Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged Product to reach you, may vary.
-  If you are shipping the Product(s), you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned Product(s).
We do not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Limited Product Warranty does not cover software embedded in any Product or related services provided by us, if any. See the applicable Terms and Conditions for details on your rights with respect to the use of the software and related services.
The Limited Product Warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Product that was purchased from the Website and manufactured by or for us or our affiliates. Without limiting the foregoing, the Limited Product Warranty does not apply to any of the following:
- A. Third-party Products, even if included or sold with a Product.
- B. Products that are, or we reasonably believe to be, stolen.
- C. Consumables (such as batteries).
- D. The Product was misused.
- E. Software, even if packaged or sold with the Product or embedded in the Product.
The Limited Product Warranty does not apply to a Product or part of a Product that has been serviced, altered, refurbished, or modified by anyone who is not authorized by us, nor does it apply to any cosmetic damage such as scratches and dents. In addition, the Limited Product Warranty and the right to request the exchange do not apply to damage or defects caused by (a) the use of third-party Products; (b) accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, flood, fire, earthquake, or other external causes; (c) normal wear and tear or aging of the Product such as discoloration or stretching; or (d) operating the Product (i) outside the permitted or intended uses described by us, (ii) not in accordance with the appropriate instructions, or (iii) with improper voltage or power supply.
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, the limited Product warranty shall be in lieu of the implied warranties.
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, we shall not be liable for any incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, loss of profits, revenue, or data, resulting from any breach of an express or implied warranty or condition or under any other legal theory, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We may update this policy from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons.